DAY 5 UPDATE – 5/4/18
Check out the background on the project, and my Stage 1 results here – Program Test – Viking Warrior Conditioning.
- Current stage – 36:36 protocol (36 seconds work, 36 seconds rest)
- Current rep range: 17 per set
- Target sets to complete stage: 35 (I’ll do 36 for symmetry sake)
- Current kettlebell weight: 35 lb
- Next VO2 testing review – after Day 6
- Sets completed = 10
- Reps completed = 170
- Total work time = 360 seconds
- Total rest time = 360 seconds
- Rest between workouts: 4
- Warmup: 3 minutes jump rope
- Notes on hand prep – hands are in great shape. I did a quick layer with sports tape around the problem areas, and then did a layer of duct tape on top. It worked perfectly. No new trauma to report, and the existing damage is healing nicely.
- Notes on workout – I spent the first 4 hours of the day in the sun doing yard work. That probably drained me a little bit. The longer sets were definitely harder. I actually had to lock in mentally on the last two sets to push through. For the first time in this project, I did feel my upper body get a little tired.
- Post workout – since I hadn’t reached 10 minutes of total work yet (3 minutes jump rope, and only 6 minutes of actual snatching), I did 13 reps of hex bar deadlift @ 335 lb, and then did a 1 minute rep test for single arm alternating battle ropes (223 reps).
- Post workout nutrition – shake with the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 scoop NutraBio unflavored whey
- 1 scoop RealReds
- Note – I’m not a huge supplement guy, but I do take a multivitamin. I consider this to be a multivitamin that I take on days when I don’t take my regular “Adam” multivitamin by Now. I’m very picky about my vitamins due to my attempts to avoid lectins.
- 1 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 raw egg
- Next steps – probably add between 2 and 5 sets next go around.
Day 6: coming soon…